2013. április 4., csütörtök


Read the comments (1-6) from the website of www.blogontravel.com, and then read the sentences (A-G) following them.

• Your task is to decide which messages the sentences refer to.
• Remember that there is an extra letter that you will not need.


1.     Great list! I really hate the timeout issue. That’s happened so many times when I’ve put in all my details, flight times, picked seats and all of that stuff then I hit submit and the thing times out. AARRGH! The other one that bugs me a lot is when you get an email with an advertised price – $99 or something and I have yet to ever be able to figure out how to create an itinerary that even close to that low fare. If that at least give you something that can be used as a starting point. Throw your customers a bone!
2.     I know it’s hard to find specials during the Holidays, I find the best times are a month or 2 after school starts.
3.     Well this list is quite completely. I utterly agree with almost all of these annoyances listed, especially having to create an account for all those travel sites before you can go on. Gah. Losing a low far because it suddenly becomes unavailable is probably just the nature of online booking but I really bet that they do this on purpose sometimes. the old bait and switch! haha
4.     Reading the post made me relieve all my horrible online booking experiences, grrr… i hate it when the web tech geeks get to decide how a website works and not usability folks that think of the customer. I have to add my other pet peeve with online booking, when a site advertises on the landing page a special deal and you click the link and cannot figure out how to book the deal, all of a sudden prices doubled just by clicking a link!!
5.     The failure to offer realtime bookings or information is a real nightmare. I booked a holiday with onthebeach, a UK travel agency. My room was bumped a few days before Christmas for a New Years Eve holiday. I was told to find an alternative hotel on their website “because they are a web business”. I wasted ages doing this. Then had to phone to confirm and was told I had basically wasted my time – their web site was not updated and the hotel I found available on their web site wasn’t!. The only thing worse than using their website was dealing with them over the phone!  Maybe an eleventh worst thing about online bookings is when they are an excuse for dreadful person to person customer service – this was my experience with these guys.
6.     Hi Sylvain! Thanks for a great post – found it via a link from another travel blog. But have now added you to my list of feeds. Definately the kind of thing we would love to get from our users. What do you think would be the best way to get this kind of info from your users? We’re about to do some usability testing – so I’m reading on up on how best to do this. I think the overall rule is stand near them and keep quiet.

The person who commented in the blog
a. has an experience with online travel services and fake numbers
b. asks for advice for a future blog site
c. thinks the ideal time for going on holiday is after the kicking off of school
d. has an experience with a website showing expired data
e. has the same opinion about the bad internet services and dislikes online registration
f. does not like when not having enough time to prepare the registration online.
g. has never found a special offer matching his/her holiday periods

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Megjegyzés: Megjegyzéseket csak a blog tagjai írhatnak a blogba.